Wild and Wacky Michigan Weather


On December 21, I anticipated a white Christmas due to the storm on December 19. That storm deposited enough snow to close schools and businesses. This is the view of my deck.


Christmas day was about the only day that the sun came out, and it didn't snow. Great weather for driving.

Then yesterday came the record breaking temperatures--56 degrees. Instead of snow, it rained torrentially. I'm not sure how much mid-Michigan got with the latest rainfall. This is what my deck looked like after the rain.


Normally there isn't a pool of water beyond the deck. This is a better view of "Lake Delmonico" (my late husband named it in honor of our cat, Dominic Delmonico, whenever the area flooded).

Next on the agenda: winds gusting up to 50 miles per hour. Missouri experienced tornadoes. 8,500 residents in my county lost power, and temperatures are back down to 32 degrees. I haven't heard yet about flooding in the area, but that wind has dried up much of Lake Delmonico.

Comments

Dr. Jill said…
Those pictures of your deck sum up exactly what our weather is all about! haha. I finally got my comments to work by the way. I hope you feel better soon so we can see you!

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

A Thanksgiving Giveaway