Fresh Water for Africa

I had been mulling different ideas of what I wanted to write about, and today I received some inspiration from Ari Herzog's blog. In today's post, he wrote about the power of social media in creating positive change in the world. He offered up two instances of using Twitter to create a buzz for charitable donations.




Laura Fitton's wish for Christmas is for anyone and everyone to donate $2 USD to fund the production of clean drinking water systems in Africa. It's not critical that you tweet your donation. I'm not on Twitter, so I had the option to donate with a credit card or PayPal. What is neat about this organization is that 100 percent of your donation will go to the people who directly benefit from it. Funding for adminstrative costs is provided by other sources.
Come on. You know you want to do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

A Thanksgiving Giveaway